Incentive packages played a key role in the relocation of such companies as Dr Pepper Snapple Group, ConAgra Foods, Nutro Products, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, GE Aircraft Systems and M&M/Mars.
Victorville will customize an incentive package that maximizes your cost savings for relocation. Beyond individual incentives, Victorville has made continual improvements to the infrastructure, improving the overall business climate.
To get started, contact the Economic Development Department at (800) 780-1050.
Tax credits for hiring, sales and use tax; business expense deductions; NOL carryover. Southern California Logistics Airport (formerly George AFB) is a Local Agency Military Base Recovery Act (LAMBRA) Enterprise Zone. Benefits include:
- 15-year net operating loss carry-over
- Tax credits for sales and use taxes paid (up to $20 million per year of qualified machinery and machinery parts)
- Hiring credits for wages paid (approximately $30,000 for each employee hired)
- Various business expense deductions
Foreign Trade Zone
Reduced or delayed Customs duties and taxes. Southern California Logistics Airport (SCLA) is home to Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) #243. Benefits include:
- Foreign merchandise may be admitted without filing a formal Customs entry and without paying U.S. Customs duties and government excise taxes.
- Merchandise may be exhibited, stored, tested, sampled, relabeled, repackaged, mixed, manipulated and destroyed.
- Certain bonded merchandise may be transferred to SCLA, canceling bond or time limit applicable to traditional bonded warehouses, resulting in immediate recovery of taxes previously paid.
U.S. Customs Port of Entry
Import/export. U.S. Customs offices are located at Southern California Logistics Airport (SCLA) providing SCLA with a US Customs Port of Entry. This offers SCLA business the opportunity to import or export, manufacture, assemble, store and manipulate eligible merchandise in SCLA’s Foreign Trade Zone without being subject to fees and taxes normally associated with the customs laws of the United States.
Air Quality Standards
Air quality. Victorville is located in the Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District (MDAQMD), a separate and independent Air Quality Management Control Board. MDAQMD provides for the most relaxed air quality control standards of all air quality control agencies in the State of California.
Expedited permitting. For certain projects, the Economic Development Department is able to expedite the entitlement and permitting process.
Industrial Development Bonds
Low-interest financing through tax-exempt bonds. Allows manufacturers and processors to finance acquisition and expansion projects at very low interest rates. IDBs issued through the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank (CIEDB) offer flexible financing terms and low administrative costs. Advantages:
- Substantially lower interest rates
- Long-term maturity
- No prepayment penalty
- Comprehensive funding
- Flexible ownership
Partial wage reimbursement during training period. Up to 50% reimbursement of wages paid over a set training period for eligible new hires.
- Job applicants can be screened and identified as eligible at company's request
Customized Training Programs
Reimbursed employee training. Training programs customized to the employer's needs may be offset or underwritten. Training and reimbursement may come from a variety of sources:
- Local education services
- Employment Training Panel
- Community colleges
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Hiring tax credit. Up to $2,400 tax credit for each eligible new hire. Certification of eligibility provided at no cost to business.
Welfare to Work Tax Credit
Hiring tax credit. Up to $8,500 tax credit, over two years, for hiring eligible employees. Certification of eligibility provided at no cost to business.
Customized Advertising and Employee Recruitment Plans and Services
Job recruitment services. San Bernardino County offers a full range of hiring and screening services:
- Recruitment plan to meet ramp-up needs
- Ad placements
- Web-based Job Match System
- Business-specific job/hiring fairs
- One-Stop Employment Centers
- Pre-screening applicants to job specifications
- Mass screening of job applicants
- Coordination with state and local agencies
- Administration of assessment tests
“Victorville was a key facilitator in our site location efforts—the entitlement process was painless, and they provided key and attractive incentives, making our Victorville site a strategic California location.”
Jim Doyle, Vice President, ConAgra Foods